HYPDC Member Objectives
Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. (DC Habitat) believes that everyone deserves a decent place to live. We work to eliminate poverty housing in the nation’s capital by building affordable, energy- and resource- efficient homes for people in need.
Habitat Young Professionals of Washington DC (HYPDC) is a network of committed, like-minded individuals who are working together to further the vision of DC Habitat. HYPDC supports the mission of DC Habitat through fundraising events, volunteer days, and advocacy.
2014-2015 Objectives of HYPDC:
1. Fundraising: Support the planning and promotion of HYPDC fundraising events, as well as DC Habitat’s overall fundraising efforts. This includes promotion of DC Habitat’s 25th Anniversary campaign, “Raise a Glass to Raise a Roof”, in the fall of 2014.
2. House Sponsorship: HYPDC has set a fundraising goal of becoming a Silver Hammer Sponsor for DC Habitat. This is the equivalent of a half-house sponsorship. We need to fundraise $50,000 in order to reach this goal. By becoming a Silver Hammer sponsor, HYPDC members will receive extra advantages of sponsorship, including more opportunities for HYPDC team build days.
3. Advocacy and engagement: Be a true ambassador for Habitat for Humanity. HYPDC members are expected to be active, contributing members of the HYPDC, and of the DC Habitat community. Share the story of DC Habitat through your networks and social media channels, and encourage others to get involved with HYPDC.
Key expectations of members:
- Develop an understanding of DC Habitat’s mission and current work in DC—through reading the information available on our website and social media platforms, and by staying up-to-date with HYPDC newsletters and communications
- Attend at least 5 meetings during the year
- Fulfill membership dues of $5/month or $60/year
- Take an active role in the planning/promotion of at least one major HYPDC event
- Share the DC Habitat story by interacting with us on social media regularly
- Attend at least one HYPDC build day or home dedication event each year
- Introduce DC Habitat to your contact at prospective partners when possible (Prospective corporate partners include any companies that might consider holding team build days, donating funds and/or donating gift-in-kind)