AmeriCorps is a national service program that provides thousands of Americans of all ages and backgrounds with educational awards in exchange for a year or two of community service. AmeriCorps members help meet the nation’s critical needs in the areas of disaster services, economic opportunity, education, environmental stewardship, healthy futures, and veterans and military families. For general information about Habitat for Humanity’s AmeriCorps Program, click here.
DC Habitat utilizes AmeriCorps members from the AmeriCorps National Direct program and the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Members serve on the construction site and in the office supporting our new home construction, family services, and volunteer programs. Learn about our current members here.
We’re looking for new AmeriCorps members! Check out our open positions:
- Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Family Services Coordinator
- Construction Crew Leader
- Interfaith Relations and Engagement VISTA
- Skills for the future
- Living allowance of $12,530 paid over 46.5 weeks (National Direct) or $15,996 paid over a year (VISTA)
- Health insurance and workers compensation insurance (or equivalent)
- Child care, if eligible
- Education award of $5,730 that can be used for current education costs at qualified schools, approved school-to-work programs or to pay back qualified student loans already incurred
- Deferment of qualified student loans and payment of interest that accrues during the term of service
- Housing Benefits
Our AmeriCorps service terms begin in August/September and conclude in July/August.