Invest in Your Community
Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. provides decent, affordable homes to families in need. Since 1976, Habitat for Humanity has built and sold over 300,000 houses worldwide for more than 1.5 million people. Your tax-deductible donation is an investment in our community that will change the course of families’ lives for generations. And as our homebuyers repay their 25-year, interest-free mortgages, the returns go directly into the Fund for Humanity to keep building more homes. There are so many ways to contribute as an individual. Scroll down to learn more about how you can support Habitat’s work.
Make a Donation by Mail
Please mail your check to:
Habitat for Humanity of Washington DC
2115 Ward Court NW, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20037
To make a donation in honor or memory of someone special, please include a note with your donation to explain the occasion and provide the contact information of the person(s) who should be notified of your gift.
Workplace giving campaigns are easy ways for employees to give regularly to the non-profits they support. Here are just a few of the advantages:
- Convenience: Your donation is deducted automatically from each paycheck so you don’t have to remember to give!
- Tax Benefits: All donation made through workplace giving programs are tax deductible, just like other charitable donations.
- It’s easy to give more! By making a small donation every time you receive a paycheck, you can donate more and have a greater overall impact. A $40 donation deducted from your paycheck twice a month adds up to an annual donation of almost $1000!
- Matching Gifts: Some employers offer to match your contributions, making your donation go twice as far.
- Cost-efficient: Workplace giving is more cost-effective and efficient for charities to raise funds than other fundraising methods. Your donation enables charities to spend more time and resources on services and programs rather than elaborate fundraising.
Ready to sign up? Federal employees can register through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) and employees of other organizations can participate through America’s Charities.
Use the following designations to donate to our organization:
You can double or even triple the impact of your donation of time or money, through your company’s matching gift program. Check with your Human Resources department for details on how to have your gift matched by your company. Or, search for your company in this free database: MatchingGifts.com.
Gifts of Securities
Did you know you can leverage your financial portfolio to strengthen D.C. Habitat’s mission? Don’t wait until the end of the year for tax write-offs. Donate your securities now by contacting our representative at Wells Fargo Advisors, Mike Harper, at email@example.com or call (571) 395-4535.
Cars for Homes
When you donate your car, truck, boat or RV to Habitat for Humanity’s Cars for Homes program, you help us to build homes in our community. Donating is quick and easy, and your donation may be tax deductible. To give, call 1-877-277-HFHI (4344) or donate online. For more information, including the step-by-step donation process and FAQs, visit our Cars for Homes page.