Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes
Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C.’s car donation program helps support local families
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in the nation’s capital. Our program makes it quick and easy to donate a car to help local families–right here in your communities–to become homeowners. Your donation may also be tax deductible.
Why should I donate my car to DC Habitat?
- 100% of net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will directly fund Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car in the District of Columbia (DC)?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car?
- DC Habitat will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What kinds of vehicles can be donated to Cars for Homes?
- Recreational vehicles
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment