How to Apply
2. RSVP for the next available Information Session by calling (202) 882-4600 ext. 200. Information Session dates are posted on our calendar as soon as they are scheduled;
3. Once you have attended the Information Session, you can start completing the application, and turning in all required paperwork to DC Habitat staff by making an appointment with them;
4. When your application is complete, DC Habitat staff will complete an analysis of your financial situation, working with you on creating a housing budget, and determining if you meet our program requirements;
5. If you meet our program requirements, your application will be presented to our Board of Directors for final approval into our program.
The Board of Directors will either approve or deny your application. If approved:
6. Sign a Partnership Agreement;
7. Work on Sweat Equity hours;
8. If a home becomes available that fits your needs and budget, you may choose to sign a contract to purchase it, and secure it with a $500 deposit that will be held in escrow until closing;
9. Once a contract is signed, you will need to work on getting the Notice of Eligibility from the Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP) from Greater Washington Urban League;
10. When you have the NOE, you will need to secure financing from one of our recommended partner leaders;
11. Get ready to close!